Saturday, November 19, 2011

SSS135 - Rhubarb Santa

Another work week down!  Nice!  Saturday means it is time for my favorite sketch challenge!  For this week's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #135, I decided to make a Christmas card using the Rhubard Santa digital stamp.  I just love this little teddy bear!  


I colored Rhubard up with copics and cut him out.  I sponged some Christmas themed text from the PTI Background Basics: Christmas in SU crumb cake ink onto PTI vontage cream CS.  Then I distressed the edges and sponged on some PTI tea dye duo ink .  I matted that in PTI dark chocolate CS.  I popped Rhubarb up with foam dimensionals.  The card base is PTI vinatge cream.  I added some DSP from the "Be Merry" paper pad by My Mind's eye.  I ran a strip of PTI kraft CS through the SU square lattice embossing folder and matted on PTI dark choclate card stock.  I punched the edges with the SU eyelet border punch.  I added some yummy 1" red grosgrain / satin edge ribbon and some ivory jute / burlap twine from the Ribbon Carousel along with a big 'ol PTI dark chocolate button.  Finally, I added some frosted lace Stickles to the trim and pom pom on Rhubarb's hat. 

Here's the sketch:

Now it's your turn to play along with us!  Head on over to the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog and link up your creation!   You do not have to use Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps t play along, but we sure love it when you do!  Be sure to use keyword "SSS135" when uploading your card to an online gallery!

Be sure to check out the amazing creations by my fellow Sugar Babies for some added inspiration!



7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I Love your Sweet Rhubarb Miss Kim! 8-) Your coloring is soo Fabulous my friend! and I love your paper pieced present and Super Cute dp's too! 8-)

    Hope you have an Awesome weekend Lady!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous Christmas card, Kim! Love the precious Rhubarb image in his sparkly attire! The texture and the wonderful ribbon/button/jute accents are the perfect finishing touches! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis my friend, is BEYOND DELIGHTFUL!!! Absolutely Adorable! Have a blessed weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is adorable!! Love that MME paper you used with Rhubarb and the way you paper pieced the present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kim this is just so, so sweet! All the details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet bear! I love the added sparkle to his hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a totally sweet card Kim!! I love the texture and button detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!