Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm the JUGS November Guest Designer - JUGS111

I back again for my 3rd round as this month's Guest Designer at the the Just Us Girls Challenge blog!  It's such an honor to get a chance to play along with the talented DT!  This week's challenge is a color challenge with the Holidays in mind.....red, white, and green!  I have a craft fair coming up and one of my big seller is always my wine wraps with matching wine bottle tags so making some with this week's color challenge was a cinch!  


Here's a close up of the tag:


That adorable image is Candy Cane Elfling  by Whimsie Doodles.  I colored her with copics, added some Frosted lace stickles to the tim on her hat and added some Glossy accents to the candy cane.  I die cut the tag using the PTI Mat Stack #3 die.  I stamped the Christmas text from the PTI Background Basics: Christmas stamp set in SU crumb cake ink and sponged the edges of the tag as well.   I stamped an A Muse Art Stamps snowflake in PTI fresh snow ink onto kraft CS and matted it with red CS.  I used some PTI ripe avocado saddle stitch ribbon and twine to attach the tag to the bottle.  I stamped the same snowflake in PTI fresh snow ink onto PTI pure poppy CS.  Score tape does the trick to adhere the label to the bottle.  

Now head on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge blog and play along with us this week!  Be sure to check out the DT's creations, too, for some added inspiration!  If you aren't already in the Holiday spirit, you will be after playing along with this challenge!

14 comments:

  1. Kim, this is AWESOME! Love the wine wrap and the ADORABLE tag! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Miss Kim! Your Wine wrap is Terrific! And I am really Loving your Super Cute Tag too! You can bring wine to our house Anytime! ;-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! Great design and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bottle cover and tag! Love the shiny candy cane! Fabulous use of the colors~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your wine tag Kim and the wrap is such a cool idea to go along with the tag! I just started making some with PTI's wine tag die and now I think I'll have to make the wine wraps also! YOU are so clever! Awesome job with this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely darling! I love your coloring and the glittery and shiny accents you added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The elf girl is darling. Such a pretty tag with the wine wrap. Good luck with your craft show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little elf. Great tag.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous elfen beauty...the card too. ;-). You are really an extraordinary colorer. So impressive. Fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling tag!!! Your coloring is AMAZING! I wish I were better at it, but you my friend are fab at it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim this is just adorable - love the tag and the idea in general - what a great way to gift a bottle of fine wine. :-) Thanks for the great work for JUGS! We're so delighted to have you as a guest designer! Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooooooo sweet, Kim! WHAT a super way to show off some spectacular paper crafty skills - MOEW!!!! I could see me partaking in some of that wine, whilst holding that tag in my lil' hand to OOOOWWWWW and AHHHHH with complete delight! STUNNING use of color - you GIRL, as such a pleasure to have designing with us! THANKS, as always - yours is a talent to warm the heart! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute Kim! I love your wine wrap idea plus this adorable tag! A sure craft fair winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!