Thursday, November 10, 2011

MOJO214 - Wishing you well

This is my 2nd post of the day so if you are here for the Whimsie Doodles Monthly Challenge (Tag - You're it!), click HERE!


I was asked to make a get well card for a male co-worker.  Masculine cards are hard enough, but a masculine get well card?!  Oh, the horror!  I just love this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and it just about killed me to substitute a button where a beautiful die cut flower could be, but a flower would make this too feminine I think.


Have I mentioned that I am in love with my PTI woodgrain impression plate?  I think it looks really nice on the PTI kraft card base.  I stamped the sentiment from the PTI Think Big Favorites #7 mini stamp set in SU chocolate chip ink onto PTI vintage cream CS and paired it with DSP from the My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas paper pad. I distressed the edges of the sentiment panel and then sponged the edges of that and the DSP with PTI tea dye duo.  That big 'ol PTI dark chocolate button with some natural jute / twine completes the card.  

Here's the sketch:


In the end, I am happy with the card, BUT I am still envisioning something oh-so-pretty in my head with a die cut flower so I think I will just have to play along again with this great sketch!


5 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job. That sketch works well for that card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it through the button substitution! That's a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you nailed it. great card\
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!