Friday, November 25, 2011

PTI November Blog Hop

Finally had a chance to participate in a PTI blog hop!  Haven't done this in awhile, but the day after Thanksgiving is a lazy one for me and perfect day to participate.  I steer clear of the Black Friday madness!    Here's my card:


And here's the inspiration photo:


I was drawn to the horizontal lines of the stairs which was the inspiration of my lay out.  I used the PTI woodgrain impression plate to mimic the hardwood floors.  I pulled in the evergreens with the wreath.  I used PTI kraft, pure poppy, vintage cream, and black CS to mimic the color scheme.  I added some beautiful 7/8" red/ ivory check ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel with a PTI pure poppy button and some natural jute / twine to pull in the gingham pillow.   I used the following PTI stamp sets:  Wreath for All Seasons and Background Basics: Christmas.

Thanks for hopping by!  


25 comments:

  1. This is darling Kim! It has a charming country feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, love the wood grain impression!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, Love the woodgrain with the snowflakes and that Gorgeous wreath! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the simple, earthy elegance of this card! Great bow, perfect subtle embossing and fantastic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Kim! the addition of the snowflakes in the background is perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love that gingham ribbon. And that wreath is classic. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you picked up on the gingham with the ribbon. Wonderful. A simple classic card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the 'folk art' feeling of your card. Classic wreath...and adorable gingham ribbon. I love the woodgrain on the kraft paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card- I love the gingham bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. I like the wreath and the gingham ribbon off to the side. Very simple and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gingham ribbon bow. Just so festive, Kim! Classic card and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. ;-) I love your use of the colors, with that lovely wreath and that fabulous gingham ribbon! Delightful card. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, the ribbon is so unique and the colours fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the woodgrain background withth the snowflakes. That ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun card. it's so warm and cozy, i want my slippers and some hot chocolate. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice, Love the wood grain background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the inspiration with the wood.
    I went shopping, but not until 9 am when the "serious" shoppers were already done for the day. I still picked up a few bargains - plus, my LSS did not open until 9 so why shop any earlier ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the homespun feel of this card. Pretty gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfection! What a gorgeous bow. I am always in awe of your superlative bow tying skills. I'd still be there a week later trying to get that darn thing to look even half right. The wreath is so sweet. Great job all round.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!