Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm the JUGS Guest Designer - JUGS110

It's Round 2 for me as this months Just Us Girls Guest Designer and this week it is a technique challenge!  It's called "ghosting" and you can find the tutorial HERE.  I decided to use the FTL164 layout and the PTI Tag Its #7 mini stamp set to make my card this week.  


I started off by using the PTI woodgrain impression plate on the PTI kraft card base.  I considered buying that impression plate for a long time, but I am so glad I did.  Now I can't step away from it!  I used Tim Holtz distress inks in tea dye and walnut stain and and I matted the image with PTI white CS.   I stamped the cicular image in SU chocolate chip and cajun craze and added a strip of PTI dark chocolate CS to complete the card.  

Now it's your turn to play along with us! Link up your creations on the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog and if you upload your card to an online gallery like Splitcoast Stampers, be sure to label it with the keyword JUGS110!  

9 comments:

  1. Kim, this is GORGEOUS! Love the rich, brown color you used for your technique! So lovely against the kraft! Great take on the technique challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Kim! I love the dark inks you used to achieve this fabulous technique! Great job with the challenge this week! Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such a wonderful, rustic look. The sponging looks amazing! You were right to get the woodgrain IP--it is my favorite and I have to remind myself that I have others that are gathering dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rustic look you've created with this card Kim! Love the woodgrain background and your ghostly background rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you certainly ROCKED this challenge!! Beautiful popped image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is sooooooo beautiful, Kim! Stunning use of technique - MEOWWWWW! Thanks for gracing us with your talent, once again - SO fun to have you for our Guest Designer!!! xoxo~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim! The toasty warm colors of your card have me wanting warm fall apple cider! I love this combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I love all the inking you did next to those gorgeous ghosted leaves. So glad you are joining us this month at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super fabulous! LOVE that dry embossing--and I'm glad you bought it!!! :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!