Sunday, November 20, 2011

SSSC144 - Rhubarb's Stocking

I love a good Sunday morning when we have have no plans for the day!  Pajamas, coffee, and time to craft!  I am playing along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #144 and I decided to use Rhubarb's Stocking to play along.  I am slightly obsessed with Rhubarb.  :)  I love coloring him!  


I color him with copics (E57, E55, E53, and E51 for his body, R29, R24, and R05 for the stocking, and R59, YG17, and YG13 for the holly) and then cut him out with an oval nesties.  I kept the image in the nesties and sponged some Tim Holtz distress ink in peeled paint around the image with a sponge dauber.  I used a scalloped nesties with PTI pure poppy CS to mat the image.  The card base is PTI kraft and I stamped a few A Muse Art Stamps snowflakes in PTI vintage cream ink onto it.  I layered some DSP from the Echo Park Season's Greeting paper pad onto PTI pure poppy CS.  I added some yummy Ribbon Carousel spring green vintage seam binding, a PTI vintage cream button, and some natural jute / twine.  Three red pearls completes the card!

Here is the sketch:


5 comments:

  1. Great job with the sketch Kim! Your little bear is adorable and I love the stamped snowflakes and design paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and beautifully colored. A precious card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had an absolutely perfect Sunday morning! This card is so cute--your coloring and sponging look wonderful. Love that pretty gingham paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute Cute Miss Kim! Love your Wonderfully colored, Darling Rhubarb! and I am really loving those dp's too, I finally had to break down and get them..lol

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!