Wednesday, April 24, 2013

MFTWSC121 - Sweet as can Bee

Happy Hump Day!  It's time for a new MFT Wednesday Stamp Club challenge!   
I have the honor of playing along the MFT designers as I gear up for my MFT Guest Designer stint in May!  Can't wait to share all of the new MFT goodies during release week!  

Until then, I will share a little something I made for this week's sketch challenge with a little somethin' somethin' that was released this month.  It's the adorable Doodle Garden Sweet as Can Bee!


I stamped my this cute image onto X-Press It blending card in Momento tuxedo black ik and colored her with copics. I used some General's pastel chalk pencils to deepen the shading.   I added some silk microfine glitter to her wings and used a sunny yellow Viva Decor pearl pen to add a little dimension to the center of her flower.  I paired some PP from the Echo Park Dots and Stripes soda fountain 6x6 paper pad with some MFT smooth white, black licorice, and lemon drop CS.   I ran the lemon drop CS through the Big Shot in a Darice strip embossing folder.I used the MFT Die-Namics Pretty Posies die set to create the flower and used the wonky scallop border die for the border at the bottom.  

Here is a close up:


skin -E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
hair - C9, C7, C5, C3, C2
bodice - C9, C7, C5, C3,Y17, Y13, Y11

And here's the sketch:



Be sure to play along for your chance at the weekly prize, valued at up to $20 in vouchers to the MFT Boutique. You can submit your entry using the keyword MFTWSC120 to the Gallery at Splitcoaststampers. Entries for this week’s challenge will close on Tuesday, April 30th at noon EST.

7 comments:

  1. wow! your coloring blows me away. gorgeous shading and texture on this one. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE, Kim! AWESOME coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she sweet!! Great coloring, Kim!! Can't wait to see your products during the next release!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... I meant projects, not products!! : ) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Kim! Love how you colored the sweet image! bee~utiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is super sweet!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!