Wednesday, April 24, 2013

7 Kids College Fund Challenge - "April Showers Bring May Flowers"

There's a new challenge for you to tackle on the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog!  
The theme for  the next two weeks is "April showers bring may flowers"
So, ink up some springtime image and show us what you've got!  

I am playing along with Stampavie's "Julia in the Field by Sarah Kay."  


Once I colored this image, didn't want to add the patterned paper that I had chosen.  I thought she looked so pretty as is that I didn't want to distract from the image in any way.  I stamped the image in Momento tuxedo black ink onto X-Press It blending card and colored her with copics.  I used a white gel pen to add the polka dots to her hair bow.  I ran a white panel through the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder and then rounded the corners of the card base.   

skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
hair - E37, E35,E53,E51
clothing - R85, R83, R81, BG13, BG11, BG10
flowers - RV13, RV11, RV10, Y15, Y13, Y11, V17, V15, V12, YG17, YG13, YG11
basket - E37. E35, E33

Ready to play along?  Head on over the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog to link up your creation.

There are only 2 rules to follow to be eligible for the $20 gift certificate to the store:

1) Use a stamped image carried in the 7 KIDS STORE, or, if your project does not have a stamped image, all primary elements (dies, paper, punches) must be carried in the store.
2) Link to the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog in your post.


3 comments:

  1. I like that you chose not to use the patterned paper, she's too sweet for it:) Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sweet! I like the simplicity of the whole card. Well done!
    I commented on fb when Tab posted this card but just in case you didn't happen to see it I wanted to post here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, i love your style, i know i've told you i've posted your cards to Pinterest for me to look at again and again in one place..i love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!