Wednesday, April 3, 2013

MFTGUESTDT0413 - Magic in the Spotlight

Alright, I'm throwing my hat in the ring and trying out for the MFT Guest DT.  Why the heck not?  I love the sketch that was based on a card by the ridonkulously talented MFT designer  Jodi Collins for this challenge!  

So, here's my strategy.............the method to my madness.  

I decided to go with one of my favorite color combos .....red, black & white.....because I think that combo alone is pretty eye catching and I want to get those eye balls scanning the gallery of entries to stop on mine.   THEN I decided I had to do something unique to try and stand out so I decided to draw and color a spotlight on the adorable Pure Innocence Magician. And of course, a little extra bling with some glittery stars can't hurt.  Here's the result of my scheming:


I stamped my image onto Momento tuxedo black ink and tried to work my magic with my copics.   I paper pieced her skirt.  I drew the spotlight and then colored it with copics as well and then cut it out and layered it over the black panel.   I paired some PP from the Fancy Pants Designs "Love Note" 6x6 paper pad and the Doodlebug Designs "Lovebirds" 6x6 paper pad with some PTI white CS and some MFT black licorice C.,   I used the MFT Die-Namics open scallop edge for the border.  I covered the stars with some microfine warm diamond glitter.   I stamped the sentiment in MFT black licorice ink..

skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
hair - E19 E18, E08, E02
clothing - R59, R29, R24,R05, C9, C7, C5, C3
spotlight - C2, C1, C00, 

Here is the sketch:


Wish me luck! 

8 comments:

  1. Good luck. God knows you deserve to be chosen if nothing else for sheer enthusiasm and effort. I love the card and just might case the whole thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G! Kim, this is SOOOOO stinkin' CUTE! WOW! WOW! WOW! I love the spot light shining down her that is FANTASTIC, the colouring combo is SO eye-catching and I love your gorgeous colouring of this cutie! Pure Magic!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.Word. The spotlight. GENIUS! MAD coloring skills, check. LOVE this girlie!!! (and for the record, I think you are ridonkulously talented too!) MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it bestie! If they don't stand up and take notice of this FANTABULOUS card then I'm gonna hafta rough someone up. This is freakin' AMAZING girl. I agree 100% with Jodi. You ARE ridonkulously talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and I love those wonderful colors...joann sassy raggedy

    p.s. I have candy on my blog and lots of it.

    http://www.sassyraggedy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You won the spot!!! YAY!!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Kim!! SOOOOOOOO thrilled for you!! Congratulations and enjoy your guest spot!!

    Crafty Hugs!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING!!!!! YOU TOTALLY DESERVED TO WIN WITH THIS CARD!!!! OF COURSE ALL YOUR OTHER WORK IS AMAZING AS WELL. WAY TO GO!!!!!! LOVE MFT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!