Tuesday, May 22, 2012

RS12 - Lollipop Ella

Today I am playing along with the Retro Sketches #12 challenge using one of my all-time favorite by Lori Designs image called "Lollipop Ella."  Retro Sketches is quickly becoming one of my favorite sketch challenges.  Though those who seem to play along regularly seem to have more of a CAS style, I like to show how my clean and not-so-simple style still works with the sketches! 

Here's my card:


I am playing along with some of my new Bazzill 100 lb Card Shoppe cardstock in sour lemon and candy bar and I paired it with some DSP from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad.  I added some walnut brown vintage seam binding and some PTI darn chocolate buttons.  I my used the corner chomper to round the corners.  I colored Ella with my copics.  

Here's the sketch:


Be sure to hop on over to the by Lori Designs blog to see what my fellow DT members have created this week with the images!  




5 comments:

  1. WOW she's perfectly colored Kim! So bold and colorful! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love color combo. Lovely image - perfectly colored

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Kim - Fab colours & colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is adorable!!! Love the papers you chose, too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image. Love those patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!