Saturday, May 5, 2012

DS50 - Grad Monkey

Did you see that the Ribbon Carousel is sponsoring this month's Deconstructed Sketch #50 challenge?  And did you see the prize?!?  It's a full year subscription to the Ribbon Club Kit!  WOW!  

Now, I failed to use some ribbon on my card.  Can I get a HEE HAW?!?  I did, however, use some DSP that you can get from the Ribbon Carousel Store.  

Did you know that the Ribbon Carousel store is SO much more than just ribbons and carousels?!  It has become a one stop shopping place with free shipping on domestic orders over $60!  

OK, now on to my card:


I used a super cute new Whimsie Doodles image called Grad Monkey that was released today!   You can get this image and many other for 50% now through Sunday!


I printed the image twice.  I colored one completely and then just the monkey's face and top of his cap on the second image.  I cut those parts out and then popped them up with dots over the originally colored image.  I used some DSP from the Simple Stories Happy Day 6x6 paper pad and paired with some PTI harvest gold, kraft, and dark chocolate CS.  I also used the  Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps star dies.  The sentiment is from the PTI For the Graduate stamp set.  

Here is the sketch:







5 comments:

  1. Love this card of your! Just like the one before this. Stunning and lovely creations. You totally rock!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE, Kim! I LOVE how you popped up part of his face! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Miss Kim! Too Darned CUTE!! 8-)

    Hugs & Happy Sunday!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, way TOO CUTE!!!...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!