Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Paper Shelter Challenge #66 - vintage or shabby Chic

This week's challenge over on the The Paper Shelter blog is create a vintage or shabby chic project.  Oh, the HORROR!  The last time I made a vintage or shabby chic was.....lets see.......ummmmm.......NEVER!  Talk about taking me outside of my comfort zone!  My style is definitely more of a clean, but not simple style.  

So, shabby chic.....we're talking muted colors, distressed and torn edges, definitely some lace or crochet ribbon.  Probably should add a bunch of flowers.  Nope.  Can't do it.  Too much for me.  I settled on added some vintage seam binding and pins and calling it a day.  

Here's my card:

I had JUST moved my Prismacolor pencils out of main crafty supplies area and banned them to my storage area due to ongoing neglect.  Sure enough, I had to pull them right back out.  I thought the copics would look too harsh and the Prismacolor pencils would give me a softer look for this card.  I colored up the adorable "In the 20's" image and cut her out with the MFT Die-Namics Oval STAX set 1.  I distressed the edges and sponged some PTI tea dye duo around the edges of the image panel.  I used some DSP from the Prima Nature Garden Collection 6x6 paper pad and distressed the edges of that as well.  I adhered the to a PTI vintage cream panel and then curled up and tore the edges of the DSP a bit.  I added some natural hanging cluny crochet ribbon, some vintage seam binding, and a couple of pins from the Ribbon Carousel. I mounted this onto a PTI sweet blush card stock base.  

Come on and play along with us!  Just head on over to the Paper Shelter Blog to link up your creation!  We have some great prizes up for grabs. If you use a TPS image on your creation you have a chance of winning a $20 voucher. If you use another brand of image you are up for a chance of winning three images of your choice.

Be sure to check out what my fellow DT members have cooked up for you this week for some added inspiration!  

Kim (that's me!)




1 comment:

  1. Kim this is WONDERFUL! I LOVE that sweet image!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!