Thursday, May 31, 2012

May SFYTT - Time to Party

Oh my goodness!  I ALMOST missed playing along with the May Sketch for You to Try!    With a just a few hours to spare, I got my card done!  I had decided I was going to play along all year so that I am eligible for the prize at the end of the year.  Not sure how the heck I forgot about this, but so glad I remembered!  

I needed to make a card for a co-worker's whose last day of work is tomorrow.  She is going to be home with her kids for the summer, but she first get s 2 whole weeks at home to herself before the kids get out of school so I thought the new MFT a la mode Martini on Me stamp set would be perfect for her goodbye card.


You can't see this in the pic, but I added some Diamond Glaze to both martini glasses so they are glossy.  It looks pretty cool!  I some of my new Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock (LOVE that stuff) in cotton candy, juicy pear, peanut cluster, and licorice twist.  I paired it with some DSP from the October Afternoon Sidewalks 8x8 paper pad. I paper pieced her dress and added some vintage black seam binding to embellish.  

Here is the sketch:

may2012sketch


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!