Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CAS168 - Deer Dad

I have always considered myself to have a "clean but not so simple" style, but I have been really drawn to trying to crank out a good CAS here and there so I am making an effort to play along with Splitcoast Stampers weekly CAS challenges now.  This week I am playing along with the CAS168 challenge which is a color challenge.  Hmph.  Not a sketch?  I seem to pull off a CAS card much better when given a sketch.  Color challenges are not my forte.  BUT, I promised myself to play along each week to sharpen up my CAS skills so here I go!  

I am playing along with the Paper and Such Deer Dad stamp set.


I colored the image with cipics and paired it with some DSP from the EP This & That Charming 6x6 paper pad and some PTI Kraft, and vintage cream CD.  I added some PTI ripe avocado saddle stitch ribbon, a PTI dark chocolate button, and some natural jute.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Momento rich cocoa ink.  

Paper and Such will be releasing a new stamp set on May 9th so stay tuned!  

2 comments:

  1. Is that a 9 or 10 point buck? I got a 5 point with my car last year - LOL! This is a great card - love the colors, the image and the sketch you designed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card....so fitting for the men in my life...all hunters!

    Julie H in MN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!