Tuesday, July 8, 2014

SugarPea Designs Sweet Sneak - Twinkle Twinkle

It's day 2 of the SugarPea Designs Sweet Sneaks of the July release!  If you loved yesterday's sweet sneak, hang onto your hat because I'm about to hit you with even more sweetness!  

Introducing Twinkle Twinkle from our Sweet P Collection!


Adorable stuff, right?  By the time I finished putting this image together, I couldn't bear to pair it with any patterned paper.  It deserves to be in the spotlight AS IS so I kept my card clean and simple. 



So, I pretty much paper pieced this entire image.  I started by stamping it on yellow CS since I knew I wanted my walls to be yellow.   Then I stamped it again on PTI white CS and I colored the sky (B99, B97, B95).  Since I knew I was going to cut it out and paper piece onto the yellow CS, I didn't worry about being neat.  I used a stencil brush and I lightly added some MFT sweet tooth ink to the sky to add some subtle clouds. I stamped the stars and then colored them with a white gel pen.   I paper pieced her blanket and pillow case with some PP from the Family Ties 6x6 paper pad by Pebbles.   I then stamped the image one more time onto PTI white CS an colored the rest of the image with I then fussy cut and layered over the yellow CS.   I matted my image with chocolate brown CS.  



Would you like to WIN the Twinkle Twinkle stamp set?! Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas and guests, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the Twinkle Twinkle stamp set!

Our fabulous July release will be available in the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe at 6:00 AM EST this Thursday!




40 comments:

  1. Your CAS design on here is totally perfect!
    xoxo Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh, all the clean white space next to all the color/patterns in the small window is so very striking. Great eye-catching layout! Great hair coloring...you whole design team is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, the colors are so sweet and so is this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmy! love that you added all the color and pattern to the center of this card. it really POPS against the white cardbase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the sky! It's really beautiful. I am a CAS girl and love all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean and Simple love all of the white!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This card was such a labor or love, but it was so worth it - it is just Ah-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, this image is awesome an a nice clean white card! All the paper piecing just really brings it alive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how you focused on the image. The paper piecing and coloring are great. That was a lot of work, and your efforts created a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, love the paper piecing and how your framed the image in black and the card base is white, really makes it pop!! Your coloring is great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card!! Really love the colors you used and the paper piecing you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like that the card is plain except for the stamped set. It really shows up so well.
    Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooo I LOVE you card, that paper-piecing is so super cute!!!! This set is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Great paper piecing, and yes, perfect as a CAS card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this CAS card, it is a great focus on the image!! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is fabulous, Kim! Your coloring is inspiring and the stamp is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The simplicity of the card shows off the stamped image to perfection. I love the little girl's red hair and the texture of the bear.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous paper piecing Kim!!! This is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very sweet--I like the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! I love her paper pieced bed linen :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you let the image remain the focus of your card! So cute!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love how you cut out your scene and left all that beautiful white space Kim. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so sweet! I love this image and your coloring and paper piecing are just beautiful. You are truly gifted, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, this is the most adorable set <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet, wonderful piecing and I love all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow,,,, amazing... it is soooo cute... great job with all the paper piecing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that paper pieced bedroom you created for her! That bedding is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great paper piecing, and love the way the white curtains pop next to the night sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the stars shining through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you set the scene and then left it clean and simple with the white background. As always, a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an amazing card! I love the edging technique you used on the waves and the cork for sand is just too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  34. She's too cute! Thank you for including the color combinations that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  35. love how you colored her and the scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Look at all that great paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!