Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reverse Confetti Quirky Cuties Blog Hop

I was thrilled to have received an email from the Jen del Muro, talented designer and owner of Reverse Confetti, inviting me to part of a blog hop featuring the Reverse Confetti Quirky Cuties line of stamps!  Since coloring is my forte. I was more than happy to join in! 

I adore this images so I ended up making two cards! 
First up is Oliver Owl


I had a blast coloring up this little guy!  I started with a circular panel that I die cut using the MFT Die-namics stitched circle STAX.  Then I blended in some Tim Holtz rusty hinge, wild honey, spiced marmalade, and mustard seed Distress Inks and spritzed with water. 




I colored my image with copics and used a white gel pen to add some texture to his his feathers.


I used the MFT pinstrip background stamp and stamped it as well as the sentiment in hot fudge ink.  I added a tangy orange button and twine to embellish. 


I repeated the lay out on the inside, stamped another sentiment, and stamped Oliver Owl one more time.  This time I only added a little pop of color to the image.  

And here is my second card featuring Freida Fox!


This time I paired some PP from the Echo Park Paradise Beach 6x6 paper pad with some MFT hot fudge CS and some PTI white CS.   


Once again I colored my image with copics.  I again used a white gel pen to add the polka dots and a few little freckles to her rosy cheeks.  



I stamped the sentiment in hot fudge ink and added a hot fudge button and hemp cord to embellish.   

Whether you are a coloring proof just starting out, these Quirky Cuties are fun to color and they are paired with adorable sentiments!  They stamp like a dream, too!  These are high quality clear polymer stamps! 

Reverse Confetti is pairing up with Studio 3 Solutions for a cross promotional blog hop which means we have TWO prize packages up for grabs for two random commenters!  Two lucky ducks will each win a Studio 3 Solutions Color Cubbie AND a choice of 3 Reverse Confetti Quirky Cuties stamp sets!  Yep!  Winners choice! 

Ready to hop?!

If you got here from Jessica Fick's blog, then your next stop is Lisa Henke's blog
If you started here first, then you want to go back to the beginning so head right to the Reverse Confetti blogComments will stay open through and a winner will be announced on the Reverse Confetti blog



57 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I really love the coloring on the first owl card. And, the owl with just a pop of color is brilliant, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, your cards are so super cute! I love the distressing you did on the circular cut out and your Copic coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards - as always, your colouring is fabulous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frieda is so cute. Oliver is breathtaking. The colors are unbelievable. I love him. All those colors you used..........the names of them made me hungry. Goodness, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely the cutest!! Love the cubbies. Lissag123@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, Kim! these are darling. so happy you are joining us today. love your coloring and the white gel pen accents are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards Kim. I absolutely love Frieda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both wonderful looking cards and great coloring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, more beautiful cards! I am feeling more and more inadequate! LOL The blog hop cards are just beautiful. It really is just amazing how talented you ladies are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really brought these adorable cuties to life with your amazing coloring! Love both cards but my favorite is Oliver Owl - he's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous coloring on these cute cards. Love, love the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome colouring Kim! Both ofo your cards are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are fabulous! I really love the circle elements. And Your owl card made me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO bloody cute, Kim! Loe your coloring (as always) and the extra details. Your cards inspire me to buy the stamps and make them for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing coloring on the critters. Love the crisp, clean look of both cards.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute cards! I like the white highlights on the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards - the coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. FAbulous coloring and I like the white gel pen details on both.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are stunning. I am loving the coloring on both and the papers really made the images standout. These images are just too too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute cards! Love the fox one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh to have coloring skills like yours - these are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kim,
    As always, a most wonderful and adorable card. And, as always, your coloring is perfection and you have brought the very, very cute little critters to life. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. AHmazing Kim. Wow. I love that owl. The gel pen highlights are perfection. Boy you have your hands full with DT's don't you. Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love Oliver in front of the (I'm going to say) moon. Frieda is colored so nicely and the paper under her feet really match her colors. Great cards. the insides are as pretty as the outsides.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, these are so cute! Love the white accents you added!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how you used the white on the owl! Very cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your coloring blows me away. I love it! Love the white accents and the orange with Oliver and Frieda looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You did a fantastic coloring job on these cards! Great design too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow both cards are amazing. The coloring is just incredible, especially the owl. He really stand out in front of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! your coloring is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have made these stamp sets POP!!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super cute cards!!! Your coloring is Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. both cards are just smashing Kim...love the added details to the owl, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow... your coloring is amazing.... I am a big owl fan and he is beautiful ... and Freida is sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both cards are so cute! Love your coloring Kim!-Jen Naus

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE them...both! Your coloring is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome cards! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Really love the coloring on the brown owl - the layering really gives it dimension. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic cards Kim. Love the coloring on both cuties! The orange circle looks great behind the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  40. FABULOUS Cards! OMG I love your copic coloring....so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Really nice coloring on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your cards, especially the coloring on that owl. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cute cards! I really love Foxy's dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh WOW! the owl is amazing, love love it. The cute foxy lady is simply cute and fabulously colored!! TFS
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! These are both so SWEET!! I LOVE the FUN Designs and layers!! Such an AWESOME coloring and layering too!! THANKS so much for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love that big orange sun setting behind the owl. It looks like a sunset to me anyway. Darling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oliver and that huge Orange circle was fantastic, and your coloring is superb. Freida's pleats are a stand-out.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your coloring is out of this world! Love both cards. Freida has always been my favorite stamp and I really love your version of her!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the bit of sparkle on the owls wings!

    ReplyDelete
  50. These are both absolutely delightful Kim! Love your coloring and how you decorate the inside too! Awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love your coloring!!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  52. 2 very nice cards ! And I like your inside too !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!