Saturday, July 5, 2014

RS121 - Heartfelt Thanks

Love this week's Retro Sketches Challenge #121 so I thought I would play along with some of my latest crafty haul from Simon Says Stamp.  I broke out my new  Simon Says Really Big Thanks die & stamp set.


When I was designing for MFT, I got hooked on stenciling.   I decided to use the MFT Petal Circles Stencil to create that patterned paper.  I first inked it up with some MFT sno cone ink.  I lightly misted it with some MFT sheer shimmer mist.  I did a little heat setting and then I shifted the stencil to the left and sponged again wit MFT natural ink.  I again lightly misted with MFT sheer shimmer ink and then heat set again.   I used a die from the MFT Die-namics Vertical Stitched Strips to cut out that panel.

  
I  die cut the sentiment panel with the MFT circle STAX and stamped the sentiment from the Simon Say Really Big Thanks stamp set in MFT chocolate brown ink.   I die cut the "thanks" using the Simon Says Stamp Thanks craft die from MFT chocolate brown CS.  I layered the sentiment panel with the soon to be released MFT Die-namics Pinking Edge Circle circle which I am lucky enough to have in my crafty little hands already.  I got a bunch of parting gifts from MFT.  :)  I added some hemp cord and some kraft buttons to embellish.   

Here's the sketch:


ETA - I am also entering this card in the Moxie Fab World Wonderful Words Challenge: Word Dies.  Word dies are all the rage so I'm sure you have some in your stash!  Play along! There is a prize up for grabs from Technique Tuesday! 



6 comments:

  1. great card, love the color choices and that thanks die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card. The colors are great. Wonderful stenciling for the background, too. I think I must own that Thanks die now..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I need to teach myself to stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the stenciling you did for the background - looks so cool yet soft!! And the whole card just is so lovely!! So very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!