Thursday, July 31, 2014

DS162 - Sweet Birthday Wishes

Welcome to this week's addition of the Deconstructed Sketch!
I decided to play with some of the new stamps and dies from the MFT July release to make a fun birthday card.


Yep, I am playing with Distress Inks again!  I started with a PTI white panel and I stamped the new MFT Confetti Background with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I blended on some Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, and Mustard Seed distress ink.


I stamped the cupcake stand from the MFT Sweet Birthday Wishes in black licorice hybrid ink.  I die cut the image using the the coordinating Die-namics. I colored the stand and the cupcake bases with copics and added white polka dots with a white gel pen.  I used my razzle berry re-inker to tint my modeling paste and then used a paint brush to add the "frosting."  I sprinkled the frosted cupcakes with glitter.  


Finally, I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  

Here is the sketch:





Head to the Deconstructed Sketch blog to play along and link up your creations.  Be sure to check the creations of my fellow DT members for some inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!