Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Can't Say Thanks Enough

While I still love MFT products, I must admit that I am enjoying the freedom of designing with products from other companies that I had been eye balling, but just didn't have time the time to play while on was on the MFT DT.    My purse, on the other hand, is unhappy with these new shopping sprees of mine.  :)

Tonight I am playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  This week's challenge is embossing.  I am also combining it with The Card Concept's Challenge # 15.  It's a color challenge.


I LOVE this cool Simon Says Stamp Circle Card Border craft die.  I sponged on some Tim Holtz mowed lawn, peeled paint, tumbled glass, and peacock feathers Distress Ink and then spritzed with water.  I rounded the bottom corners of my card base with my corner chomper,  


I stamped the flowers from the MFT Peaceful Wildflowers stamp set with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I added little pearls to the centers of the flowers to embellisg and then stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Thanks Clear Stamp Set in MFT black licorice ink.  



I definitely went the CAS route with this card. 









11 comments:

  1. I love that subtle inking in the background with the white. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun use of the colors! I love that background~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gradient sponging! Love the shimmer of the pearls, too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I had forgotten how great this die is ! Love your background and little flowers.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL, Kim. What a cool die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love the sponged background with the white embossed flowers! Beautiful design too! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Kim! super cute card, luv the sweet flowers against the green background! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous!! I love the background and the white flowers. Your sponging is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Perfect embossing!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!