Thursday, July 10, 2014

DS159 - Happy Birthday, Cupcake!

It's Thursday and you know what THAT means!  There is a new Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #159 is ready for you to tackle!  Here's my card for this week's sketch featuring the newly released MFT Sweet Birthday Wishes and the coordinating Die-namics.  


I started with a natural CS panel which I ran through the Big Shot with the largest die from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 13 to get the stitching on the edges.  I then stamped it with the new MFT Birthday Background stamp in natural ink.    


I colored my image with copics and paper pieced the cupcake holder. I used a white gel pen to add the freckles to her cheeks.    I used a Viva Decor pearl pen to add the "frosting" to the cupcake and I sprinkled it with glitter.   I added a red pearl for the "cherry on top."




Head to the Deconstructed Sketch blog to play along and link up your creations.  Be sure to check the creations of my fellow DT members for some inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. She's darling, Kim... fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freakin' cute, can't wait to colour her up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Kim!!! Fabulous coloring, as always! LOVE the texture on the cupcake too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable Kim! Your coloring is just amazing! WOWSA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!