Thursday, July 17, 2014

Here for You

So, I have a new obsession with collecting Distress Inks.  I have been admiring all the pretty things people are creating with them I have started ordering some.  I have only a handful now, but ummmm, many more (shhhhhhhh) on the way.  So, I stepped away from my copics and tried my hand at these distress inks that I have ignored for years and gave them a whirl.  I kept is very clean and simple for my first try and I can tell you I am going to be HOOKED on using these inks.  I was so preoccupied with fine tuning my copics skills that I have been ignoring these ink and sheesh!  That was a mistake!


I started with a 1.75" x 4" panel of smooth white CS and sponged on some mowed lawn, broken china, and faded jeans distress inks.  I then spritzed with water and heat set.  


I stamped the flowers and the sentiment from the MFT Peaceful Wildflowers stamp set.

I am entering this card in the Addicted to Stamps Challenge #104 (Clean & Simple).  

This whole distress ink obsession is going to have me looking for new kinds of stamps to make the ideas I have in my head come to fruition.  It's interesting to see my style starting to evolve again. When I first started out, I was copying everything I saw until I cam into a style of my own which I would describe as clean and layered, but my cards almost always centered around a colored image.   Then  I discovered stenciling and modeling paste and found a way to incorporate that into my style.  Now I am adding distress inks into the mix!   That's the fun of this hobby!  The possibilities are endless!   



7 comments:

  1. Hello Kim!! Very clean and simple. I love the colors you used for this card. The sentiment is fits perfectly. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW~ Your ink technique is so good~ and I love the colors you chose~Thank you for sharing this at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - I adore my Distress inks too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim - and it looks like you and the distress inks are a perfect match! You've certainly worked magic with them here! Gorgeous colours, amazing sponging and pretty image! WOW!! I say: bring on the distress inks! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors and the way you did the sentiment is just totally fabulous! Love this! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous :) I am totally in awe by the beautiful BG, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!