Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MFTWSC122 - Happy Birthday!

May has officially begun which means my guest designer stint at My Favorite Things has officially begun as well!  AND today is Wednesday so there is a new Wednesday Stamp Club challenge ready for you to tackle!   

I am playing along with one of the stamp sets that released last month called WBD Cupcake Cutie!


I I decided to flip the sketch upside down to make it work with the balloon elements.   I stamped my image in Momento tuxedo black ink onto X-Press It blending card and colored my image with copics.  I used the circle STAX dies to do the "out of the box" technique."  I matted with hot fudge CS.  I layed the image over a die cut from the Decorative Doily.  I ran the kraft CS panel through the Big Shot in a Cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder.  Ipaper pieced the balloons using PP from the Echo Park Bundle of Joy Girl 6x6 paperppad.  I used foam dots to layer the balloons over one another and to create dimension and tied the balloons with natural jute to the doily.  

skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
eyes - BV00
hair - E47, E37, E35, E53
dress - R85, R83,R81, C2

Here is the inside of the card:


I stamped the sentiment in MFT hot fudge ink and added a strip of PP to tie in papers from one of the balloons from the front of the card.

Here's the sketch:


Be sure to play along for your chance at the weekly prize, valued at up to $20 in vouchers to the MFT Boutique. You can submit your entry using the keyword MFTWSC122 to the Gallery at Splitcoaststampers. Entries for this week’s challenge will close on Tuesday, May 7th at noon EST.






8 comments:

  1. So cute! I like the paper pieced balloons!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is en route to moi!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE your card is very Beautiful!! I LOVE this new stamp set!!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Kim! Love how you colored the precious image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo, pretty, Kim. love this sweet cupcake cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!