Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Shower Pocket Invitations

I was asked to make invitations for a baby shower.  The couple do not know the sex of the baby. I was told that they went with a yellow and white theme for the nursery so I went with that color scheme for the invitations.  

To make the pocket, I started with a 4.25" x 11" piece of PTI harvest gold card stock.  I scored it at 1.25" and 5.5".  I used red sticky tape along the edges to close it. I used my corner chomper to round the edges. Before adhering the flap down, I embossed a 4.25" x 4.25" piece of PTI white card stock using the SU polka dot embossing folder and adhered it to the front of the pocket.  I embellished the flap with a border made from white card stock punched with a SU eyelet border punch and a 3/8" x 4.25 strip of Bo Bunny Mellow Yellow Dot patterned paper.  I stamped "You're invited" (from the SU Blissful Bride stamp set in Momento Tuxedo black.  I used the PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection to create the flower embellishment. The onesie is from the SU Baby Bundle set and I colored it with copics.



The tag is 3,25" x 4.75".  I rounded the corners with my corner chomper and added a 3/8" strip of coordinating patterned paper.   I added a piece of PTI Harvest Gold bitty dot satin ribbon. 


Here's another view:


And for a finishing touch, I used the PTI A2 envelope liner die to line all of the envelopes with matching patterned paper.



While you are in party planning mode, be sure to check out these adorable diaper cakes at ediapercakes.com!  They are over the top beautiful and would make a great gift and / or baby shower centerpiece!  


This is one of the neutral ones, but they also have diaper cakes geared for specifically for boys or girls, too!  You can see them all HERE!  

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the coordinating envelope and the pocket design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute invitations, Kim! I'm sure the expectant couple will be thrilled with them. Lining the envelope was a perfect way to make it all even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! Love the pocket for the invitation and the matching lined envie! The "You're invited" on the strip of pp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pocket invite idea! Adorable invite and I love that you added a matching envie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim

    These are beautiful. Love your co-ordinating envelopes and the pocket idea.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim! These are so charming. Not to mention totally so wonderfully put together. I love your attention to detail and you haven't missed a beat. This is a real must borrow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow and white combo is such a fresh and clean look for this invitation. I really like the way you've layered the Beautiful Blooms and the baby onsie - very cue idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute! Lots of work, lol, for shower invites, lol, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always thought that a pocket card is perfect for an invitation. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable!!! Love the yellow & white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What would you charge to make 30 of these with pink instead of yellow? I would love to place an order for a shower coming up November 18th! Please email me if interested at krondeau88@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cna you make this invite bn blue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!