Friday, March 11, 2011

Altered Notebook

I made this cute altered notebook for a bithday girl celebrating her 8th birthday.  She loves peace signs so the MFT a la modes Groovy Girl was the perfect image!  I found this compostion notebook on clearance at Target for $1.14.  I covered it with patterned paper from the SEI Granny's Kitchen collection.  I adhered the paper and then used a cutting blade to trim off the excess.  I sanded the edges with a sanding block to smooth it out.  I added some coordinating patterned paper to the inside of the barrel of an RSVP.  You can see a tutorial on how do that at the end of THIS tutorial.  I just looped some ribbon and adhered it to the inside of the back cover to make the pen holder.
Stamp:  MFT a la modes Groovy Girl   Ink: Momento rich cocoa, PTI tea dye duo  CS:  PTO dark chocolate and white  PP:  SEI Granny's Kitchen  Tools:  Nestiies ovals and scallop ovals, copics  Accesories:  rhinestones, brown satin ribbon, RSVP pen, coposition notebook

5 comments:

  1. Kim,
    this is so cute. I'll bet she loves it.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    Wonderful notebook! I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... what a sweet and fun idea for a girl! She will certainly LOVE it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get my notebooks at Wal-Mart for a quarter during the back to school sales. If you take the notebooks to Office Max or Office Depot and have them cut in half, they are great for journals for younger children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! I have a serious notebook addiction and you've just made it worse!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!