Wednesday, March 30, 2011

cQc78 and FTL133 - Grateful

Color challenges scare me.  I love a good 'ol sketch challenge, but a color challenges give me the deer in headlights look.  I have been admiring Jen's color challenge creations lately over on her blog and since she, too, tells me she was initially scared by color challenges (a phobia she has CLEARLY gotten over), I decided to give it a whirl.  This week's colors on the ColourQ challenge blog were not so scary, so I figured this was a good week to play.  I combined this with the Clean & Simple Stamping Challenge for the week. 
Stamps:  MFT Framed Greetings Stamp set  Ink:  SU cholate chip  CS:  SU pink pirouette, certainly celery, crumb cake, early espresso, and white  Tools"  MFT Dienamics rolled flower, sponge, SU sizzlet little leaves  Accessories:  silver brad

UPDATE:  HOLY COW!  My card won! 

 

18 comments:

  1. This picture really shows your rolled flowers. Great job... Love the color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply STUNNING!!! The sponged edges add a lot of depth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have clearly gotten over your phobia, since this is FABULOUS!!!! How DO you make those gorgeous flowers?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, look at you!!! I love that you are combining challenges and hitting it out of the park with this one! It's gorgeous! Love your rolled roses and your die cut leaves! Fantastic job on this card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card especially the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely, Kim! Keep playing and you will learn to love color challenges!They are addicting! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card and those colours are fab to work with which you have proved nicely.
    Jennie X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Aren't those flowers fun? I want to put them on everything..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LOVE those flowers! Once you start making them, you won't quit! Beautiful card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love how you've used these colours! gorgeous paper flowers and layout! thanks for playing at ColourQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO so PRETTY! Love the CQC color combination and you did it proud! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet little flowers on your wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, this card is gorgeous! I hope you won't be too afraid of color challenges now that you've been crowned colourQueen!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No surprises here, that card is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the win! You totally deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!