Saturday, March 5, 2011

MFTWSC9 - Get well wishes

Well, I was too late to participate in the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 71.......which I discovered when I went to link up my card.  Fortunately, I had combined this challenge with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge #9 so I can still link it up there.    I used this cute Pure Innocence digi stamp that I bought on Etsy from Heather Ellis' online shop called DigiStamp Characters.  I got her for only $2.50!  Don't you just love a bargain?!  To do the paper piecing, I simply printed the image again onto patterned paper.  I sponged some SU More Mustard chalk around the image while the image was still in my Nesties die.  I colored the rest of the image with copics and added stickles to the flower centers.  I had some beautiful SU cherry cobbler seam binding left over from the Holidays.  The sentiment is from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamps set.
Stamps:  Heather Ellis'Digistamp Characters Pure Innocence 020, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black  CS:  PTI white, SU crumb cake, so saffron PP:  SU designer paper Tools:  Nesties circles, SU more mustard pastels, SU more mustard marker, copics  Accessories:  SU cherry cobbler seam binding, stickles

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. those Pure Innocence stamps are too cute.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bummer... I have totally done that before too! But your card is A.DOR.ABLE!! Love love love it. How do you do that soft shading on the background? Is it sponged, airbrushed, or just Copic colored with lots of blending? I don't have the airbrush system... but I love that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim...This is so, so cute! Once again, you do a fantastic job with the Pure Innocence stamps and your coloring. I just got a few A la Modes in the mail this week. I can't wait to use them with this sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is so CUTE! I LOVE PI images.. I have a few myself.. they always make me smile! I LOVE the color combo you used too!!!
    Hope your day is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dang it! Pity you couldn't link it. So glad you posted it all the same. It's a good'un too. She is such a darling and sure to inject happiness into anyones day. Glorious card Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! The colors look great together and I really like that sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!