Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Make It Monday #8 - With Sympathy

I am playing along with Make It Monday #8 challenge tonight.  The goal is to use ink blending techniques to add subtle shading and color to your papercrafting projects.  You can watch the video tutorial HERE!  I decided to use my PTI With Sympathy stamp set.  It has such delicate images and I thought it would pair nicely with a blended background for a soothing sympathy card. 
Stamps:  PTI With Sympathy, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes  Ink:  Momento tuxezo black, SU daffodil delight, SU apricot appeal, SU eal red, and Martha Stewart spray rose pink  CS:  PTI sweet blush, black, and white  Tools:  sponge Accesories:  black rhinestones

10 comments:

  1. You're right this is a perfect sympathy card. The shading makes it seem soft. Oh, and I used to be afraid of color challenges too, especially if they had more than three colors. But once I started doing them, I got more comfortable with them and now I'm addicted. Give one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lovely effect with blending of the colours. It's so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sympathy card is the perfect canvas for this technique, Kim! It's soft and gentle and sets a very appropriate tone. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so lovely Kim. Suitably colored without being at all somber and so serene. Just perfect, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You thought right, Miss Kim!!! This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card design and the focal panel is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! That stamp set was made to have such gorgeous sunset colors behind it. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty, really love the soft touch that you have given to this sympathy card, I am sure that the receiver will feel very comforted by this beautiful card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful and your colors give this beauty wonderful serenity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!