Monday, September 2, 2013

MOJO309 - Spooky Wishes

Happy Memorial Day!   I must admit, I am sad to see summer come to an end.  My daughter starts middle school tomorrow (yikes!) and my son starts 4th grade.   I am not sure I am ready for the chaos of the homework, projects, and returning to living on the fields again.   So, I will just enjoy this last day and will pretend tomorrow isn't happening.  

While my family sleeps in one last time, I played along with this week's MOJO309 sketch challenge. I inked up something new from my latest MFT haul.  It the new Pure Innocence Pretty Pumpkin.  


I went with the out of the box technique so that this imae would work with the sketch.  I pairered some PP from the Doodle Bug Designs Haunted Manor 6x6 paper pad with some PTI white CS, and some MFT black licorice and orange fizz CS.  I embossed the white panel with the Chevrons 6x6 Embossalicious embossing folder by Crafter's Companion.  I used the MFT fishtail flags STAX, circle STAX, and rectangle STAX Die-Namics.  I heat embossed the sentiment and added a black licorice button and some baker's twine.   


I decided to make her skirt a pleated skirt.  Here is a close up of the coloring.   I used a white gel pen to add a few freckles to her cheeks.   


Here's the sketch:





7 comments:

  1. How cute is she!!! You're a rock star when it comes to colouring! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Your coloring is fabulous. Love the details on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and your colouring is gorgeous as always! Fabulous card Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card. She is Super cute. Do you mail out your creations??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card..love the embossed mat for the image. All the best to your kiddies on their first day back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, your coloring is spectacular! Love this fun combination of elements! Thanks for playing along with us at Mojo Monday and good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card. Super good job!! Love the pleated skirt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!