Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall Sugar Scrub Gift

My 11 yo daughter had a friend over today and so we spent the day making our own "spa day" products.
We made face masks, body polishes, salt scrubs and sugar scrubs.   They are already planning a way to sell their products.  Lemonade stand?  Pffffft!   They are big girls now.  They have moved on to beauty products.

I admittedly got very into making "spa day" products and I have pinned a whole bunch of things to my Pinterest board of things I want to try.  I am definitely going to make some scrubs to give as gifts this year. The extra special people will get a little basket with a variety of different salt and sugar scrubs.  

I ended decorating my my Fall Sugar Scrub, a concoction I created  after mixing together some of this and some of that from different scrubs that I pinned.   It smells so yummy and makes your skin so soft!


First let me tell what I used to decorate and then I will tell you the recipe for my scrub.  I found the jar at AC Moore for $1.49.  I used the MFT circle STAX Die-Namics to die cut my circle from kraft CS.  I used a stamp from the MFT Textile Backgrounds and stamped the pattern in kraft ink.  I die cut the leaf with the MFT Fall Foliage Die-Namics and stamped the coordinating leaf from the Fall Foliage stamp set in tangy orange ink.  I popped the leaf up foam dots and layered it over the circular panel.   I used some ribbon from my stash and tied the tag on with MFT hemp cord.   



Kim's Fall Sugar Scrub

3/4 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 coffee grinds
1/2 cup almond oil
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
a few drop of essential vanilla oil




1 comment:

  1. Sounds Heavenly Miss Kim! going to have to give this a whirl! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!