Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Birthday Quickie

Catchy title?  Get your mind out of the gutter!  I just wanted to show a birthday card I made in 10 minutes flat.   As a card maker, it goes against every grain of my body to buy a card.  I just can't do it.  When I realized I had no masculine birthday cards on hand and the clock was ticking before I needed to head out the door to bring my son to a party, I whipped this up thanks to the MFT Plaid Background Builder stamp set! 


Our town colors are red and black so I created stamped the plaid background builder stamps in MFT black licorice and red hot ink onto MFT smooth white CS.  I used the PTI by the numbers dies to due cut the number "10" and then ran the numbers through the Big Shot in a Darice Stripes embossing folder for some texture.  I used the PTI Big Birthday Wishes stamp set for the wording.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!