Thursday, September 5, 2013

DS117 and some EXCITING news!

The Deconstructed Sketch is one of my favorite sketch challenges.  I always start a card based on a sketch.   ALWAYS.  I am playing along again with this week's challenge, but THIS is the first time I am playing along as one of the Deconstructed Sketch Girls!  

YEP!  I have joined the Deconstructed Sketch Design Team! 
The team is LOADED with crazy talent so it is quite an honor to be part of this crew!  

Being part of this team gives me an opportunity to pay homage to my favorite stamp companies.  
So, today I am playing along with the adorable stamp set from MFT called Pure Innocence Serenity


I stamped my image in Momento tuxedo black ink and colored her with copics.  I paper pieced her top.  I paired some PP from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Portobello Road 6x6 paper pad with some MFT kraft and whip cream CS.  I used a die from MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 1 to create the flags and added a wooden button and some hemp cord.  


I used a white gel pen to add the freckles to her cheeks.  I used a brown and black General's pastel chalk pencil to deepen the shading.  


Be sure to check out what my fellow DT members have created and then head on over to the Deconstructed Sketch blog link up your own creation!  



8 comments:

  1. Way to go Kim! I love your work and I'm so excited to see what you do with sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on joining the team! no wonder, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-dorable card and congrats girl!!!!!!!! You are a rock-star :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this card! When I saw if on FB I fell in LOVE. Fantastic job.


    Be blessed, Beckie
    Just B Creative Crazy Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Store

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim! How exciting for you!! Yay!! Your card is wonderful - I love the paper piecing and the coloring. Congrats again!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So super cute!!! So glad you joined us!!! Love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! Welcome to the team. Your coloring is amazing! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!