Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SURPRISE Blog Hop!!! It's Korin Sutherland's Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KORIN!

When Taylor Usry asked me if I would like to be part of a surprise blog hop in honor of Korin Sutherland's birthday, I signed right up!  

Let me get a little mushy here before I post my card.  Korin Sutherland holds a special place in my heart.  She was the very first person to invite me to part of a design team.  I had never been on a design team.  I had never even applied to be on a design team.  I had just dreamed of being good enough to be on one some day.   

I can still remember my heart pounding with excitement when an email came through asking me to part of the Sweet N' Sassy Digi Challenge DT.  Down the line, I also joined the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge DT which was another surreal moment for me.  I had been playing along with that sketch challenge and had been admiring work of the DT members, particularly Wendy Ramlakhan whom I now consider to be a very good friend.  Korin gave me the chance to be part of that team!   It was SUCH a confidence booster for me!   My success in this crafting word has really taken off particularly over the past several months and I have had the opportunity to design for many wonderful companies and to meet many wonderful people along the way!

While I just recently stepped down from both the Sweet N' Sassy Digi Challenge and the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge to try and regain some balance between my crafting time and my life as a mom/ wife / full-time clinical social worker, I will forever be grateful to Korin for having noticed me among the crowds, giving me a chance to share what I love to do with others, and giving me confidence in myself in this crafty little world of ours!

And so, Korin, here is my birthday card to you!  I had to color up my all-time favorite Sweet N' Sassy Digi image called Rhubarb's Cupcake for this special occasion!


I just love that guy holding his cupcake!  I colored him with copics and paired him with some PTI vintage cream and dark chocolate CS as well as some great DSP from the Simple Stories Happy Day 6x6 paper pad.  I distressed the edges of the image and added some PTI tea dye duo ink around the edges.  Finally, I added a PTI dark chocolate button and some natural jute from the Ribbon Carousel. 

Below is the whole birthday party train....prepare yourself for some fantastic cupcakes and ice cream from these talented ladies!!

And feel free to leave Korin some early birthday love, either on her blog, her Facebook page, or the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Facebook page!


Oh, and I have entered this card into the very first Feeling Sketchy Challenge so if you love sketches, be sure to check out the new kid on the block!  Here's the sketch:




UPDATE:



24 comments:

  1. Wow you're card is simply amazing! i really like your colouring of the sweet bear and cupcake. The colours you worked with are just fabulous. I'm so glad you could play along with us at Feeling Sketchy this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! Your card is stunning! I love that lil teddy and his cupcake! Thanks so much for joining us over at Feeling Sketchy for our first ever sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card, just adore your colouring and papers!

    Thanks so much for joining in at Feeling Sketchy and the shout out!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Darling layout and Rhubarb holding a cupcake is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is so so cute! Darling image, great coloring and card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is a complete work of art! Your coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and fun Kim!! Love the balloon paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, this is so special and sweet! love the sketch you used and your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim. What a sweet, sweet card. That image is so cute and the papers you have used are a perfect match with your colouring. I'm glad you have joined in the fun with us at Feeling Sketchy :)
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic my friend!!!! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. I love the colors you chose to use. Good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! This is Soo Darned Adorable Lady! Love your Close-up of Sweet Rhubarb! and Love the Fab sketch and you know I LOVE your coloring. 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaack!! I love Rhubarb all big like that - I am SO stealing this idea from you!!! Thanks so much for joining the fun celebration for Korin :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and sketch!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Kim. Love darling Rhubarb and the colors. The flag piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome coloring and adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also like the deeper shades of colors you've chosen. Great card to fit that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So CUTE, Kim! And yes, indeed! Korin is definitely someone special! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. FABULOUS coloring and great job on the sketch with this CUTE card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!