Friday, April 13, 2012

Jungle Out There Bookmark


If you are here for the iSpy Sketches Challenge, click HERE!


Today I am showing you a bookmark I made using the Jungle Out There stamp set and specifically, how I tie the ribbon on the bookmarks.  

I die cut the bookmark using the PTI bookmark die and added DSP  from the Doodlebug Designs Hello Spring 6x6 paper pad.  I colored that silly elephant with copics.  The sentiment was printed from my computer.  For the ribbon, I am using a 7" piece of 5/8" celery satin grosgrain double band ribbon.


With the ribbon folded in half, pull the ribbon through from the back.


Thread a piece twine through the loop you've created.


Fold the loop up and flip the bookmark over.  Tie a knot with the twine and cut excess twine.


Flip the bookmark back over, trim the tails of the ribbon and pull them apart slightly.


Here's the finished product:


If you do craft fairs, these bookmarks are great sellers!  If you're giving the gift of a book, adding a handmade bookmark is a nice touch, too!

4 comments:

  1. Kim - this is awesome! Love the tutorial. The bookmark is fabulous -- BTW I have 27 students that would LOVE to have this (hint, hint)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! My daughter loves bookmarks so I've made her several already. Love the elephant you used with the fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the great tutorial on knot tying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!