Friday, April 20, 2012

ISSC12 - A Great Dad

Alright, my crafty friends!  The latest iSpy Sketches Challenge has been posted and I hope you'll play along with us!  It's a good one!

This week one of my favorite crafty peeps is at the root of our inspiration!  It's Melyssa Connolly!  I am on her Whimsie Doodles Design Team!  She is also an illustrator for There She Goes Stamps and I am on that Design Team as well so I am lucky enough to get my hands on all of her images!    We are using THIS card of Melyssa's for our inspiration this week:


And here is the sketch:



And here is my take on the sketch:





 I started with a PTI fine linen CS base.  The image and sentiment are from the There She Goes Clear Stamps Dadisms stamp set which I stamped on PTI vintage cream CS.  I distressed the edges and added some PTI tea dye duo around the edges.   I colored the image with copics.  I paired it with some DSP from the Simple Stories Yearography 6x6 paper pad.  I added a PTI dark chocolate button and some natural jute.  

Here's how to play:
  • Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.
  • Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC02), and link it up over on the iSpy Sketches blog.Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
  • A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12.01 AM EST, and you have until noon on Wednesday EST to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
  • We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Thursday" post where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
  • Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
  • Have fun and we look forward to "spying:" your creations!
Be sure to check what the other Special Agents have created for some additional inspiration!








5 comments:

  1. Super cute dad card!! I just love the sentiment and how you used a triple theme in your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the masculine take of the sketch! Great sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dad card, Kim! Wonderful color and paper choices, and what a cool sketch to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like! Great card to work from and the sketch works so well as a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!