Sunday, September 4, 2011

Two Anniversary Cards

My parents are celebrating their 40th Anniversary to day so I wanted to share a couple of cards I made.  The first is from me and my husband:


Those little flowers are made using the PTI leafy vine border die.  You just cut off one side of the leaves and then roll and secured with a glue dot. I added a brad and then smooshed out the leaves.  Since rubies are the traditional gift for the 40th, I used red flowers.  

Next up is the card I made for my kids to give to my parents:


My Mom LOVES giraffes.  I stumbled across this image months ago by Designed 2 Delight Digital Stamps called Laughing Giraffes and I immediately bought it with their anniversary in mind.  

Will post supplies later!  Off for brunch with the "rents!"

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are amazing Amy, you do such wonderful work.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Love how you made the flowers. Guess I'd better add that die to my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is beautiful. I love the red and black. Your second card is SO cute. Your parents will love both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniverary to your parents!!!! Wonderful cards!! How clever to use that die for a rolled flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim both cards are WONDERFUL!! Happy Anniversary to your parents!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both great! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. Those giraffes are adorable.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I saw the '40' card on Pinterest and Pinned it!!! its FABULOUS!!! I love it and will be CASing it sometime in the future.

    The giraffes are are pretty cute too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely and I'm sure your parents will appreciate them. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What awesome cards Kim! That first one is so classy and elegant! Love the image on the second one, perfect cards for your kids to give!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!