Saturday, September 17, 2011

SSS126 - You're my Hero

Happy Saturday!  It's sure starting to feel like fall around here! Sportin' some jeans and cozy sweatshirt as we head out to the kids' soccer games this morning!  Saturday not only means it is time for soccer games, but also time for this week's Sweet Spot Sketch Challenge!  It's the 3rd Saturday of the month which means there is a sketch with a spin and prize is up for grabs!  The spin is "Starstruck!"  You can interpret that any way you'd like!  
Here's my card:


When I saw this newest MFT a la mode stamp set called "Blue Without You," I thought it was perfect for this challenge!  I colored up the image with copics and cut her out.  I adhered her to a oval kraft panel using foam dots after distressing and inking the edges of the panel and adding some faux stitching with a white gel pen to mimic the stitching in the PTI enchanted evening saddle stitch ribbon.   That DSP is digi paper from the Doodle Panrty "Stars and Stripes" paper pack.  I matted the DSP with PTI enchanted evening CS and distressed the edges.  I blinged up the star with some glitter glue.

Here is the sketch which I flipped vertically:


Now come and play along with us.  You can use any stamps you'd like.  Don't forget the "starstruck" spin to be eligible to win the prize!  Hop on by my fellow Sugar Babies' blogs for some added inspiration!







6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous..cozy sweatshirt for soccer. We about burned up at an 11:00 game last week and I was kicking my self b/ I forgot to put sunscreen on the kids..bad Mommy:)Your card is total cuteness!! Love the distressing and great papers. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute...and very patriotic looking! Love the darling image, the distressing, and the sentiment flag is a perfect match for the theme of your card! It really turned cool here as well...I'm sitting in my craft room with the ceramic heater on! LOL! Enjoy the soccer games and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Kim. Love the pretty image and coloring. the sparkly star is perfect... and I really like the distressing and stitch lines.
    Hope the soccer game was fun. We won! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Miss Kim! What a Great Starstruck card! 8-) You picked such a perfect image too! Super dp's love the touch of distressing too! We had wonderful fall weather up in Monterey, wish I could have brought it home with me. lol

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! BTW ~ I sat at home pouting because you picked the image I was going to use and I didn't want mine to look so crummy compared to yours so I had to go with something else. LOL This is really fabulous!! Love the distressing and the faux stitching that matches the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is Adorable!! Love the patriotic theme and the sparkle. The sketch looks great flipped!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!