Thursday, September 8, 2011

Freshly Made Sketch #1 - Kind Words

This is my 2nd post for the day so if you are here for the Paper and Such sneak peek, scroll down or click HERE.  

I was SO excited when I saw on fellow Massachusetts stamper Jen Mitchell's blog that she was on the DT for brand spankin' new sketch challenge!  I LOVE sketch challenges.....and I love Jen's style, too!  The BEST part is that this challenge is to create "clean" but not necessarily "simple" cards which is EXACTLY how I describe my style!  Count me in as a regular with this challenge!  So, here is my entry for the debut of the Freshly Made Sketches challenge!


I had yet to ink up my newest Verve Stamp set called Sunny Days that has a coordinating die for the leaves so today was the day.  That beautiful sentiment is from the Verve Stamp set called Kind Words.  I used PTI vintage cream and dark chocolate card stock and paired it with DSP from the My Mind's Eye Gertie's Papers paper 6x6 pad. I distressed the edges............something I just tried on a Halloween card that I will be showing next week and I loved the look so much I did it again here.   I inked up the distressed edges with some PTI tea dye duo.  I stamped the leafy springs in Versa Mark Ink and colored the flower with Copics (YR18, YR15, and YR12).  Some jute twine for to embellish and VOILA!  A card freshly made before I head off to work!  

Here's the sketch:



11 comments:

  1. This is lovely - the colors are wonderful! And the sentiment is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your entire card and the sentiment is beautiful. Nice sanded edges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! I love your flower; it is perfectly highlighted with the pretty designer paper and rich card stock. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, what a gorgeous card. So glad that you found Freshly Made! i love the background DSP - the circles with the stripes works so well together and is a perfect foil for the beautiful flower. The jute twine in the button is perfect - as is that sentiment! Fabulous card to kick off our new challenge site. Thanks for joining us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    I just adore the DSP and the bright colours! Fabulous sentiment too...one of my favs! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is so, so lovely!!! Love the coloring you did on your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kim, thanks for joining us for our big debut. I'm not surprised that you've shown us another of your fabulously colored flowers! Great choice of papers too! Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, Love this Miss Kim! fab dp's and love your take on the sketch! Pretty pretty layered flower and love your sentiment too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    P.S. Goodness you've been a busy lady this week! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, I am so glad you found us and that you have joined in on our debut challenge!
    Fabulous card with fabulous colours - love the stripes and polka dots and your flower is perfection!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay...you can stop bragging about the fabulous cards you create before going to work!!! :)

    Love the colors you used and the coloring on that flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!