Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Fall Wishes

This is my 2nd post of the day so if you are here for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge, scroll down or click HERE!


I have been itching to color up one of the cute Rhubard images by Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps and since there are few Fall card challenges out there right now, I chose to use the Rhubard Scarecrow digital stamp.  I think he is so sweet!  


I'm hooked on adding some clouds to the background of my image panels after seeing Shannon White  use this technique on her cards.  I've been getting questions on how I do this so let me fill you in.  Just take a strip of card stock and cut one edge into a the shape of rolling clouds to use as your template.  Place it on your image panel and use a sponge dauber to sponge on some ink.  I used SU ballet blue here.  Move the template down a bit and to the side and sponge again.................and repeat until you you've covered your panel.  Easy Peasy!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

The Kraft Journal - Welcome Fall
Sketch 'N Stash - Free Choice Sketch (I chose #64)
Crafty Catz - Autumn
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes

Stamps:  Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps Rhubarb Scarecrow  Ink:  SU ballet blue  CS:  PTI kraft, dark chocolate, white, and orange zest  DSP:  PTI Autumn Abundance  Accessories:  baker's twine and a PTI dark chocolate button




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring and your sky looks great!! I use a stipple brush to do my sky...I'm horrible with a sponge dauber!! LOL Rhubarb is super adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer clouds! Cute "as" and wonderfully well made. Happy Fall to you too, madame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a super cute image and the colours are perfect for our challenge this week at the crafty catz lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cute card, great image, thanks for joining our autumn challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Such a fun image for fall. Love your coloring job and love that cloud technique. All your layering is fabulous, too, and I adore the twine wrap. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So CUTE!! 8-) Love your Sweet Scarecrow Rhubarb Miss Kim! And you colored him up so Beautifully too! Terrific layout and combo of dp's. I'm Loving those soft fluffy clouds Lady! Thanks so much for the Shout out! 8-)

    Big Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh this is one gorgeous creation,
    Superb Autumnal colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge #101Autumn

    I hope you can join us again next week

    I have some new Calorie free candy if you are interested

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, lovely and bright, and loooove your clouds in the background! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the Challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, and Shannon's cloud making has gotten me addicted too :) Love the coloring and paper choices on this sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!