Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Skinny Notepad Tutorial

These skinny notepads are inexpensive and easy to make and they make nice gifts.  I get these skinny notepads from Papertrey ink.  They cost $6 for a pack of 10. Each pad has 25 sheets.  Here is what you will need to make these:
 
- 5 11/16" x 8 1/4" piece of 
  card stock
-  2 5/8" x 8" piece of 
   designer paper
-  1 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of
   designer paper
- Papertrey Ink's  
    Take Note stamp set
- 2" scallop circle punch
- 1 3/4" circle punch
- corner rounder
- dimensional adhesive
- ribbon
- skinny notepad
- Pentel R.S.V.P. pen
- adhesive




Score your 5 11/16" x8 8 1/4" card stock at 2 3/4" and 2 15/16"

Fold on the scored lines and then round the corners of your notepad holder
as well as two corners on your 2 5/8" x 8" piece of designer paper. 
I used my corner chomper.

Add adhesive to the back of your notepad.  I used my ATG gun. 


Adhere the notepad right along the 2nd score line of your notepad holder.


 Adhere the 2 5/8" x 8" piece of designer paper to the outside flap. 
Stamp a sentiment from the Take Note Stamp set and punch it out
with a 1 3/4" circle punch.  Adhere that to a 2" scallop circle. 
Adhere to notepad cover with dimensionals. 

Tie a bow with coordinating ribbon around the notepad holder.


Tightly roll the 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of card stock around the ink
and put the ink back into the barrel of the pen.


Tuck the pen under the ribbon to complete!

29 comments:

  1. Pretty holiday gift too... Where do you buy skinny note pads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jessica! If you scroll back up to the beginning of this post and click on "notepad" in the second sentence, it will bring to the link on Papertrey Ink. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great notepads! Such a useful gift too! laura j

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are these?! Cute stocking stuffers!
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,

    Adorable note pads. Great gift idea for the office or stocking stuffers. Thanks for sharing all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! What a fun little gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those are totally cute! You did a great job.I might have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO CUTE! I love how yours turned out! These make such great gifts.. making more this year at our house too! :) (and another pen for me.. because I LOVE them! HA HA!)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tutorial...fabulous notebooks - they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO much for the tutorial! I've already got the supplies but I've been intimidated to make these for some reason. I think I will give it a try now! Your notebooks turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so nicely done...love how you rounded the corners, and matched the pen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great little idea for those Dollar Store pads! I see LOTS of possibilities after seeing your post! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling, and I love the pen! I never would have thought to do that!

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can also get skinny notepads buy buying small legal pads at Staples and ask them to cut them in half down the middle. For every legal pad you purchased you get two skinny notepads. You just cover the top of the pad with a small piece of decorative paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOO, it's so good ! Thanks very much !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This tutorial is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can get a great deal on skinny notebooks!!! (my brother has a print shop where he teaches print shop)
    He cuts the red margin off, then cuts them in half. I would love to share with others but how would I? $6 for 20 skinny pads, + shipping. Do you pay shipping with paper trey ink?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Muy chulos esos anotadores, gracias por el PAP.

    ReplyDelete
  19. gracias por el tuto, queda genial!, gran idea, besitos!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Came over from a pinterest board via Lori Allred. Have this stamp set and I love your notebook covers. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow this is cool! I made mine and make it as my kiss list,friend list,etc.. SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just made a bunch for a bridal shower this weekend...fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just made a bunch for a bridal shower this weekend...fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for this tutorial. I have just ordered the skinny pads and I'll be making about 20 of these for gifts for my stamping group in November. They will love them! This is an inspired idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to make about 30 covers similar to these for a customer, how much would you sell them for?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just found this tutorial. Thank you so much for the great details and photos. I hope to make them with my Crafty Ladies group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!