Monday, November 8, 2010

Birthday Card with a Saddle Stitch Ribbon Flower

Well, Papertrey Ink should be thanking Laurie at Soapbox Creations because she will be personally responsible for their sudden spike in saddle stitch ribbon sales!   You can check out Laurie's tutorial on how to make these cute flowers here.  They really are easy to make!  I hand cut some leaves and used a white gel pen to add faux stitching to them to mimic the stitching on the ribbon.  

Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink plum pudding, simply chartreuse, and white
Designer Paper: Papertrey Ink guide lines
Stamp set:  Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics
Ink:  Stampin Up perfect plum
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink Hibiscus Burst saddle stitch ribbon, white gel pen
Tools:  Stampin Up paper piercing tool and mat pack

8 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! Love all the purples and the pink flower is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the square elements. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That flower is awesome. You did a fabulous job with it. I can't seem to make mine work...lol. The card is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeee your flower. I'm going to be ordering a bunch of the saddle stitch for spring cards. I can't wait to just sit and make flowers!!! Beautiful job with your leaves and stitching around the outside. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim your flower is FANTASTIC! I love it!!! Your card layout is so fun! Thank you so much for the shout out! I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your 'patchwork' background papers. The ribbon flower is stunning - love the colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool flower! And I love the tiled PP too! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that flower!!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!