Monday, November 15, 2010

More Altered Wine Bottles

One of my best sellers at the craft fair I did this past weekend was my wine bottle lablels and tag set.  I sold out within 45 minutes and I was kicking myself that I hadn't made more.  I am making a bunch for the remaining 2 craft shows I am doing.  You can see my previous "Merry Little Cocktail" label and tag set here.   I also made these fun sets!
I used the Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #1 die to make the tags.  See Maile Belle's blog here for a tutorial on how to tie the ribbon on the tags with twine. 

To make the labels, I cut  the card stock to 6" x11" piece and stamped the background.  I added 5 pieces of red sticky tape to the backs so people can just peel and stick the labels onto the bottle of wine of their choice. 

I used a paper clip to attach the tag to the label.  I had the decorated wine bottles on display and they sold like hot cakes! 





For the "Great minds drink alike" set, I stamped the background on the label with Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms II stamp set onto Papertrey Ink's kraft card stock.   I used Stampin' Up perfect plum and old olive ink.  The wine glass stamp is by Serendipity Stamps.  I stamped it twice and used my Stampin' Up perfect plum marker to color in the wine.  I added some glossy accents to the wine glasses.   I punched them out with a 1.5" circle punch.  Using the PTI Tage Sale #1 die, I made the tag out of PTI plum pudding card stock and added a strip of Stampin Up old olive designer paper.   The sentiment is by Inky Antics.   I added some Stampin' Up old olive ribbon to finish it off. 






HA!  This image makes me laugh every time!  "Wine Princess" is by American Art Stamps."  I colored her in with copics and added some Glossy Accents to her wine glass.  This time I used PTI pure poppyand white and Stampin' up so saffron and basic black to make the tag.  I used PTI Polka Dot Basics stamp set to make the label.  I used Stampin Up summer sunink and stamped onto so saffron card stock.  

Next I plan to design a few birthday wine bottle labels and tags.  If you make some of your own, I would love to see them!  Make sure you send me a link so I can check them out!   

7 comments:

  1. These tags are adorable! I love the wine princess one. I'm definitely going to remember this for a craft fair sale. Good luck at the other two. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds drink a like..too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it wrong to say that the Wine Princess' ta-tas make me laugh? Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,

    Wonderful projects for wine bottles. I can see why you sold out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and they are just adorable!!! I definitely love the "wine princess" tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!