Wednesday, October 3, 2012

When I Grow Up

When I posted THIS card on my blog, I got several questions asking how I got the patterned  paper behind my image, so I decided to walk you through the steps.

I made this card using the There She Goes Clear Stamps "When I Grow Up" stamp set.


Here's how I did it:

I colored the image and chose an oval die to cut out the image.


Using that same die, cut out another oval from the patterned paper you want behind the image.  In this case, I wanted it to look like wall paper. 


Now I cut out my image from the foreground upwards.  


I know I want to add a base board so I used that same oval die to cut out another oval from white cardstock.
I laid the image over the white oval and marked where I wanted the baseboard to be.


Next I cut the white oval just below my pencil mark.  
I adhered that piece onto the oval I cut from the patterned paper.  


Then I adhered my image on top of that



I used the MFT Die-namics Circle STAX dies so I then die cut another slightly larger oval onto which I adhered the image panel.



Supplies:

stamps:  There She Goes Clear Stamps "When I Grow Up"
cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe marshmallow, peanut cluster, and candy bar
PP: Echo Park "For teh Record 2 Documented" 6x6 paper pad
dies:  MFT Die-Namics oval STAX sets 1 and 2 
twine - natural jute from the Ribbon Carousel 

skin- E11, E00, E000
cheeks - R20, R30
hair - E53,E35, E37
shirt - B37, B45, B41
tie - R59, R29, R24
shorts - E43, E41
shoes - E59. E57.E55

You can also find this tutorial over on the There She Goes Blog as I am hosting this week's Wednesday Trends! 

7 comments:

  1. Awwwww that is just so cute Kim!!! What an adorable card....perfect for dad and I love how you did the background...what a great idea! I am not fantastic with die cuts so love seeing these little hints and tips :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the instructions. I was wondering how you did that. You made it very clear and appear fairly easy. You made it such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome young man! The paper pieced background really makes the image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, so that's how you do that! 8-) Thanks for the sneak peek of the inner workings of the Creative Genius mind at work! ;-) Super tutorial Lady! Adn I Love your Darling card too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET! Those little extras are what make your cards FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing that technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!