Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ho Ho Ho - It's Santa!

My favorite time of the day to stamp is on Sunday morning before my family wakes up.  I brew a pot of coffee and then get to creating.  I am playing along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #147 this morning.


I colored up the newly released Whimsie Doodles Lantern Santa image my my opics nad I added some stickles for snowflakes and on the flame of the lantern.  I did some faux stitching around the image.  I stamped the PTI pure poppy panel with a A Muse Artstamps snowflake in PTI fresh snow ink.  I ran the PTI new leaf panel through the SU square lattice embossing folder.  I added the strip of black CS to mimic Santa's belt and tied some Maraschino red baker's twine from the Ribbon Carousel around it.

Here's the sketch:


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Paper Sundaes Challenge #99 - Anything Christmas
  

7 comments:

  1. I love when I can stamp all alone - isn't it wonderful?! I adore your card, this little Santa is so cute and I love all the textures and patterns you added. Fabulous job on the sketch - you are quick with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Santa image!!! This card is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute Santa image. I love the little snowflakes coming down around him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute Kim! Love this sketch!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your Santa, Kim! He's gorgeous. Your choice of colours and image with this layout are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kim! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!