Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet Little Mermaid

As soon as I saw Shelby Goolsby's card with that ADORABLE image over on the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog this week, I headed straight over to The Paper Shelter and bought myself some new oh-so-cute digi stamps.  I love to color with my copics and these images are perfect for that!  You will be seeing lots of cards made with those in the very near future!  


I am playing along with two challenges with this card.  The sketch is from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #132.  I am also playing along with the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge #149 which has a "In the Sea" theme this week.    I used this sweet image called Beautiful Mermaid and colored her up with copics.  I used a clear Spica pen to add some shimmer to to eye lids, the highlights in her hair, her top and her bottom. 

Here is the sketch: 



Stamps:  The Paper Shelter's Beautiful Mermaid, sentiment from Verve Thankful Hearts  CS:  PTI aqua mist, lavender moon, and white  DSP:  PTI Distressed Dots  Tools:  copics, clear Spica pen Accessories:  PTI lavender moon button and twine

13 comments:

  1. Aww, Miss Kim, this is soo Adorable! Your coloring is Fabulous Lady! After seeing both Miss Shelby's Awesome card and now yours too, I am thinking about heading over to The Paper Shelter myself! 8-)

    Hope you are having a Great weekend!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a mermaid person but I love your card. Wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's stunning and love your colouring on the tail. The added glitter is super. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Kim! Your coloring of this adorable image is fabulous and I love the sparkle! Now I'm off to the Paper Shelter to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute character. Your coloring is great as usual. Love the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch. That mermaid is very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful creation and just perfect for our theme of "In the Sea" at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Thank yo for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have a few days left on my candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! I love the shimmery tail and pretty colors. I am so in love with these stamps. I wonder if people would get bored seeing them if we used them every week?:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining our "In the Sea" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is one very beautiful card, fabulous image and colour theme, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 149 In The Sea
    I hope you join us again next week,

    I also have a little bit of Calorie free Candy if you are interested but be quick today is the last day.

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,
    This looks gorgeous. I love your image & the colours & colouring are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow great card, and lovely colouring. Good luck with the DT Call at the Paper Shelter
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!