Sunday, August 21, 2011

SSSC131- I'm baaaaaaa-aaaaack!

We just arrived home last night from a week away in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire.  I suffered extreme separation anxiety from my stamping supplies!  While I loved my vacation, I will NOT go away again without packing some crafting supplies.  I had no idea what to do with myself on the quiet, peaceful mornings while I was wide awake and my family was sleeping soundly.  Perfect crafting times wasted!  Oh, the horror!  

Anyway, I am happily playing along with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch to get back on my crafty groove. My daughter has a couple of birthday parties coming up over the next couple of weeks so I used this sketch as my inspiration for a birthday card for one of friends.  


I LOVE to paper piece and I went a little paper piecing nutty with this card.  It's like dressing a doll.  So much fun!  I used this adorable digi image by Whimsy & Stars Studio called Molly's Cupcake.  I added some stickles to the cupcake's frosting using a paint brush in a dabbing motion to give it added texture.  I added a PTI raspberry fizz button with some May Arts brown string after coloring the rest of the image with copics.   That pretty paper is from the Echo Park Paper Country Drive paper pad.  

AND I just wanted to share a few pics from our vacation!  This year we tried a new and more difficult hike now that the kids are older (Lauren is 9 and Jack is 7).  The kids and our four legged family member Calvin did fine.  My husband I thought we were going to need oxygen, but just before we collapsed, we made it to the Champney Falls.  Whew!




And here are a few pics from Jackson Falls which one our favorite places to hang out when we are in the White Mountains.  The sound of the rushing water is as beautiful as the sights!





LIFE IS GOOD!

5 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the pattern paper and how you used it on the girl's skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures...your kids are so stinkin' CUTE!! :) Looks like you guys had a great time. I envy your mornings alone...I would have to wake before 6AM to get some along time around here. LOL

    This card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I'm going to have to CASE it. Love the paper piecing and that image is so SWEET, I've never seen it before. Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to NEED that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super cute. Looks like the hike was well worth it. Great shots of your cute kids.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation looks brill. Love the paper piecing on your card it's so neat. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!