Monday, August 22, 2011

Beach Bums

I made this card for our nanny from the kids.  She is the best thing that has happened to us and my kids had the best summer with her.  She certainly relieved us of much guilt now that my husband and I are both working full-time.  The kids spent lots of time swimming over the summer with her so these cute digis by Whimsie Doodles were perfect for a card for her!




I popped "Leah" up with foam adhesive and added 
some Glossy Accents to the goggles. 

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Picture Perfect Creations#9  - Summertime theme
Saturday Challenge #148 - Create a scene
Stamps R Us - Anything Goes

Update:  
This card was chosen as the Grand Winner at Picture Perfect Creations and the winner of the Saturday Challenge #148!



Stamps:  Whimsie Doodles Diving Leah and Diving Koale  CS:  PTI white, black, kraft, hawaiian shores, and aqua mist  Tools:  Taylored Expresions Cloud Duo and Wave Border dies, copics  Accessories:  Glossy Accents, white felt


14 comments:

  1. I think this is the cutest summertime card I've seen yet! I'm sure your nanny will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..how cute, Kim! Your Nanny will absolutely LOVE this! Awesome summer card :) Thanks for playing at PPC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Kim, this is so DARNED CUTE!!! 8-) Love the whole thing! Fabulous coloring and love the felt clouds and die cut waves! Just Super CUTE! I just know your Nanny will love it! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, such gorgeous coloring, and card design. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps R Us.
    hugs
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining our "Create a Scene" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is just too cute! Yep a true summertime card. Loving the colors and the layout. Thanks for playing PPC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and I love that the little girl is popped up to add an extra dimension. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card love the images. Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, how sweet is this!!!!!! Love, love, love that cute images! Wish summer would never end...but I must admit, I'm ready for school to start!! Thanks for joining us at our summer specialty challenge at Picture Perfect Creations.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. so very VERY cute! I just love it :-) Thanks for playing along with PPC this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card - love the fluffy clouds!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing our PPC-Speciality challenge, great job!

    Leanne PPC-DT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card, it made me smile. I really like the three dimensionality of it. I'm sure your nanny will love it.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!