Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Simon Says.................Tag It!

I have the honor of being this month's Simon Says Stamp Designer in the Spotlight and so today I am playing along with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.  This week's theme is "Tag it!"  The DT is featuring some Tim Holtz products.  It's not required that you use Tim Holtz projects to play along this week, but we would love it if you did! 

I have to say that this month of guest designing has caused me to step outside my comfort zone,but you know what? I am having a blast!   I love trying new things and playing around with Tim Holtz products is relatively new for me! 

Here's my tag featuring the Tim Holtz Trick of Treat stamp set.




Simon Says Stamp
I used the MFT Die-namics Traditional Tag STAX to die cutmy tag frmo some white CS.  I then stamped the skeleton from the Trick of Treat stamp set  in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with the Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powder.  Next I stamped the web with MFT black licorice hybrid ink.   I then sponged on some Tim Holt rusty hinge, mustard seed, pumice stone, and black soot distress inks.   I then spritzed the tag with Perfect Pearls Mist in mandarin and pewter. I wiped the skeleton down with a baby wipe before continuing.   I heat set it and then stamped the MFT Romantic Script background in MFT sweet tooth ink.  I stamped the bats in black soot distress ink.  I added the sentiment and                                                     sequins and ribbons to complete the tag.



Here's a close up:



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!  You can enter up to FIVE times, as long as they are all NEW creations (no backlinking)!  Head on over to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog to link up your creation!  Have fun!   
simonsaysstamp.com


11 comments:

  1. Kim, I SO love this tag!!! Like, super lots! The skeleton looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Kim !! I love how you have the skeleton looking all spooky with a halo effect around it,, it really looks brilliant ! the background is awesome too ! LOVE THIS TAG :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous tag Kim, your background is stunning and I love the effect you've created with the skeleton !!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Kim! Love how you made the background with the skeleton! Very cool!!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your guest spot! Love your spooky tag... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabulous Halloween tag.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Kim. I love how you have embossed the skeleton !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. darlin tag, great job!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag Kim, I love your background
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh I love this!...the background is awesome and OMG that skeleton is so cool xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!