Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Simon Says..........Make a Background with Gelatos!

This month I have the honor of being the Simon Says Stamp Designer in the Spotlight and I am playing along with the very talented Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge DT.



This week, Simon Says.........

Now, I will admit that I had never tried Gelatos before this challenge, but now that I have, this certainly won't be the last time!


I started with a 4" x 5.25" piece of white CS and then brushed some Faber-Castell white Gesso onto it.  I then rubbed some Faber-Castell blue gelatos onto the CS.  I spritz with water and blended.  Adding the gesso to the CS gives it some added texture when you add your gelatos.   I then placed the new Simon Says Stamp Swirls and Dots Stencil over it and used a baby wipe to remove some of the Gelatos to create my background.  Cool, right?!   So easy, too!   



I die cut my tag using the MFT Die-namics Traditional Tag STAX and stamped the flowers from the MFT Forget Me Not stamp set in MFT grape jelly and sour apple premium dye ink.   I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Summer Garden stamp set in MFT black licorice hybrid ink.   I added some Pretty Pink Posh silver sequins and some Queen & Company purple twine to embellish.



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!  You can enter up to FIVE times, as long as they are all NEW creations (no backlinking)!  Head on over to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog to link up your creation!  Have fun!   
50dollar_voucher_600px
Simon Says Stamp


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim :-) I LOVE how you created the background ! what a clever idea to use baby wipes !! totally love the whole design of this :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful background and fabulous card! I can't believe how awesome it came out since it is the first time you used them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a blue girl, so I love this, Kim! And what a great idea to remove the design through a stencil! Love your results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty! I love how you did your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background! I will definitely have to try this technique! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Such vibrant colours, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Kim! i am thrilled you are with us this month...sweet card, I adore the background. hope you have an awesome weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Kim, wonderful colours and I love how you used the Geleatos and lifted the colour with baby wipe from the stencil!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and stenciling! I have to admit also that I do not know anything about gelatos and do not own any, may have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI KIM - SO PLEASED TO HAVE YOU JOINING US AT THE WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE! I LOVE HOW YOU CREATED YOUR BACKGROUND - THANKS FOR EXPLAINING IT AS I WOULDN'T HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!
    Hugs,
    Caryn (ps ,sorry for the caps lock, lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful kim and what a great idea. i must get my kitchen cupboards cleaned so I can play today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card, I love the colours you used and such a fabulous background you have created.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Kim! Love that pretty background!!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't know why, but had never thought of using the flowers like that. Had only ever thought of the plant-like flower. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear wat a beautiful background youve created. . Never thought gelatoes would work that way

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!