Saturday, August 16, 2014

Video Tutorial - Lining Up Stamped Images with Coordinating Dies

I love stamp sets that have coordinating dies!  What I didn't like was trying over and over again to perfectly stamp my image on my die cuts.  Honestly, it made me crazy.  THEN, I saw this technique and now all is well again in my little crafty world.   I figured I should share it with you guys because I am SURE I am not the only one who was saying a few naughty words when using stamps and coordinating dies!   

 I used the Simon Says Stamp Summer Garden stamp set and the the coordinating dies.  You can buy the stamp set and dies together and if you do, it is called the Flower Garden Stamp and Die Set.


I used the MFT Stripe Cover-Up as a backdrop for my main panel.


I stamped the MFT Romantic Script background stamp in sweet tooth ink onto a kraft CS panel that I die cut using the MFT Die-namics Pierced square STAX.   I sponged some Tim Holtz tea dye and antique linen distress inks around the edges of the kraft panel after heat setting the sweet tooth ink.  I used the Simon Says Stamp Small Hello craft die for the sentiment.  I stamped the leaves from the Simon Says Stamp Flower Garden Stamp & Die set in MFT sour apple ink and die cut them with the coordinating dies.

I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Here's the video to show you how to easily line up your stamped images with the coordinating dies:


Hope that helps!   



7 comments:

  1. TOTALLY AWESOME idea!!! I love it!!!!!! Thanks! And GORGEOUS card, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Kim and beautiful card. YOU using naughty words? Never lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim for the wonderful tutorial (and all the ones you will do in the future). You are a great inspiration. I have a few dies that I have put away because I can never line them up correctly. I will be trying this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kim :-) I love the whole design of this,, absolutely stunning !

    Fab video too ! I will be using this technique too. I have thrown away so many images as I hadn't die cut them perfectly ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that tutorial. It seems to leave you with a new template for next time as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!