Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SPD03 - Take the Bull by the Horns

Now that SugarPea Designs has had 3 releases, we are moving away from Anything Goes challenges and starting get a little more specific!  The SPD03 challenge them is "Embellish It!"   Ribbons, buttons, twine, lace, flowers, brads, sequins, etc.   Lets see what you can do.

Now, my style is pretty clean and I am not one to overly embellish.   I DID use three embellishments on my card featuring the Hug-A-Bull stamp set!  I used a button, some hemp cord, and pretty creative use of ribbon if I do say so myself! 


A button, some hemp cord, and pretty creative use of ribbon if I do say so myself!  I started with a sweet tooth CS base,  I created the scallops on the wild cherry panel using a die from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 1.   I stamped the sentiments on a die cut from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 2 in black licorice ink.    I die cut the star using the MFT Die-namics Magical Memories and stamped it in lemon drop ink with with a stamp from the MFT Striped Backgrounds stamp set.


I stamped the image from the Hug-A-Bull stamp set in Momento tuxedo black ink and colored it with copics.  I used my paper piercer to poke a hole by his hand and then I used the paper piercer to push a piece of red satin ribbon though.  I used a glue dot to bunch up the ribbon a bit and hold it in place.   

If you would like to make this Hug-A-Bull stamp set your own, you can find it HERE!



Ready to play along with the SPD03- Embellish It challenge?   Head to the blog for a list of SugarPea Designers who have played along as well for a little crafty inspiration before you link up your creation there!  




5 comments:

  1. OMG, I saw this and thought how cute, but now just noticed his cape....Brilliant GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ...fantastic...and a real CAPE ...gasp !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is genius to use ribbon for his cape Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super CUTE and love the CAPE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!